[ubuntu-hardened] a question

Seth Arnold seth.arnold at canonical.com
Thu Dec 12 01:21:41 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 09:00:48AM +0100, js at johest.de wrote:
> Hey folks,

Hello Johest,

> I just have a (hopefully) short question, regarding the getting
> involved page, are the topics uptodate? I am looking for an entry
> point to participate but currently i get lost within the pages
> without seeing any status of the topics.

The wiki does vary wildly; some of the pages, e.g. the roadmap,
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Roadmap are impressive collections of
goals from the past, and many of the items listed there are still goals,
but many items are perhaps interesting diversions at best. If one of them
looks fun for you, by all means consider doing it, but that page isn't a
prioritized list of things we'd like to do.

On the other hand, the suggested list of community-supported packages
needing a security update is updated every week that the security team has
a meeting:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/GettingInvolved

Thanks