[ubuntu-hardened] AppArmor profile for a plugin-container process.

Daniel Curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 17:36:48 UTC 2013

Hello everyone

It is normal, that after creating and putting a plugin-container
profile into 'enforce' mode, 'aa-status' command shows
something like this, even with enabled a website such as
YouTube etc.?

(the remaining apparmor profiles)
/usr/lib/firefox/plugin-container
(...)
3 processes are in enforce mode.
   /sbin/dhclient (1029)
   /usr/lib/firefox/firefox{,*[^s][^h]} (2931)
   /usr/lib/firefox/firefox{,*[^s][^h]} (2976)

I think there should be '/usr/lib/firefox/plugin-container'
instead of a two entries regarding to Firefox, because of
flash being in use. I'm right or I'm wrong?

There isn't anything strange in a log files (e.g. '/var/log/syslog).
No errors about 'plugin-container' profile (there are only
notices about name, operation - 'profile_replace' or comm
- 'apparmor_parser'). Of course, I've tried to restart/reload
AppArmor and all profiles, but nothing has changed.

Best regards.