[ubuntu-hardened] dmesg restriction, not working?

Daniel Curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 13:44:17 UTC 2013

Hi Mr Johansen

Thank You for the answer. Now I understand why I can - as a normal
user - check */var/log/dmesg* file. Most importantly, this is not a bug.
If it is about access rights to this file, it looks like:

$ ls -al /var/log/dmesg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root adm (...)

I didn't change these permission after Xubuntu 12.04 installation. So
already mentioned permission are the defaults settings.

What do You think, Mr Johansen, is there something to do with it?
(I mean e.g. change permission etc.) or leave it as is?

Best regards.