[ubuntu-hardened] NX bit and generic-pae kernel.

Daniel Curtis sidetripping at gmail.com
Sat Apr 6 20:16:52 UTC 2013

Hi

It seems, that everything is fine. After installing the generic-pae
kernel, system boots normally and for now I do not see any problems.
uname command shows the correct result and most important part;
in log files, I can find correct informations about NX bit. Now
everything is okay;

*NX (Execute Disable) protection: active*

By the way; what really gives NX protection, when is enabled?
I know, that there is a great site about Ubuntu Security Features,
but I would like to know something more.

Best regards.