[ubuntu-hardened] authenticated NTP

proper at tormail.net proper at tormail.net
Mon Feb 20 15:47:28 UTC 2012

> On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 10:26:44PM -0000, proper at tormail.net wrote:
>> Why Ubuntu does not use authenticated NTP by default?
> Do you have an example of doing this with the public NTP pool?

It's really strange that this topic gets so less attention.

I am sorry, information is very hard to find on Google. Here are two
links, how to set up authenticated NTP as a client.

What I have not found yet, is a free, public NTP server, not to speak
about a whole list. Only a few servers in the NTP pool do support it. This
is probable not going to change, if we do not discuss it.