[ubuntu-hardened] grsec chroot protections

Peter Moody ubuntu at hda3.com
Mon Nov 15 21:52:13 GMT 2010

Hey folks,

knowing that this might be a somewhat touchy subject and with my
expectations set thusly, I wanted to ask about the possibility/feasibility
of including some of (hopefully) more self-contained parts of the grsec
patch-set in the (default) ubuntu kernel. Specifically I'm looking at the
chroot protections. Is pulling something like this into the ubuntu kernel
something that would be appropriate for ubuntu-hardened or is it an all or
nothing (emphasis on nothing) sort of thing WRT the ubuntu kernel and grsec?

Cheers,
peter