[ubuntu-hardened] how to send IP packets

Jonathan Marsden jmarsden at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 22 21:28:45 BST 2009

tantan wrote:

> to know someone from using a packet generator? I'd like to create
> packages in-house design, and then send it. The goal is to analyze
> communication between two partners, so down to the smallest possible
> Detail.

> what tools- tutorials- you have about it?

This does not seem to be a Ubuntu-specific question.  This list is not
intended for general questions about how to get started in learning
about network security.

There is a list of a few packet crafting tools at
http://sectools.org/packet-crafters.html , and all four tools mentioned
are available in the Ubuntu repositories.