[ubuntu-hardened] cryptsetup

Daniel Guido dguido at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 04:25:59 GMT 2008

Massive "PHEW"!

Yeah Gnome is totally not mounting encrypted partitions correctly. I
kept incorrectly trying 'cryptsetup create <name> <device>' because
it's been a long time since I had to use cryptsetup on the command
line. Using 'cryptsetup luksOpen <device> <name>' worked fine.

I can cancel this download of Dapper Drake now...

This is obviously a bug (it made me freak out big time for about 30
minutes) and I want to see it fixed. What information do you need from
me?

Thanks.

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:57 PM, Christer Edwards
<christer.edwards at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> On Wed Mar 26, 2008 at 11:45:30PM -0400, Daniel Guido wrote:
>  > Has anything changed in the last 2 releases or so that would make a
>  > volume formatted with dm-crypt to stop mounting correctly? I keep
>  > getting bad password errors when I try to mount the encrypted
>  > partition on my USB key and I'm almost sure I'm typing the right
>  > password.
>
>  I've noticed a similar thing.  gnome will open the passphrase window
>  dialog but it won't actually do anything.. then I mount manually (sudo
>  cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/sdbX name) and it'll work just fine..
>
>  Post back if you find a difference in a previous release and lets get it
>  fixed.
>
>  Christer

Dan Guido