[ubuntu-hardened] ubuntu-pentest join request

Kees Cook kees at ubuntu.com
Thu Feb 14 16:56:19 GMT 2008

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 10:17:51AM +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> Send a mail to the _hardened_ list requesting to join the _pentest_ list?
> That's not right.

The confusion was caused by me attempting to reduce duplication and keep
audiences from fragmenting.  Instead of making another IRC/mailing list
for "general security" and another for "pentest", I asked everyone
interested in security to join the hardening IRC/ml.

It seems we all have overlapping goals, so it seemed like a good idea.
If this is a real problem, I'm happy to split off -- but in the
interests of not having even more mailing lists, I'd like to give this a
shot.  :)

-Kees

--
Kees Cook