[ubuntu-hardened] SELinux usability

Jeff Schroeder jeffschroed at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 22:20:08 GMT 2007

Fedora has some very nice tools for managing SELinux that we don't.
Namely setroubleshoot and the policy wizard. For those of us that
aren't privy on these tools, take a look at the shiny screenshots on
these pages:
http://james-morris.livejournal.com/13603.html #Nice setroubleshoot screenshot
https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/setroubleshoot/ #Upstream
setroubleshoot website

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/08/21/a-step-by-step-guide-to-building-a-new-selinux-policy-module/
#SELinux policy wizard article

The policywizard is in the policycoreutils-gui package in Fedora and
doesn't appear to be packaged for Ubuntu or Debian.

Anyone up for the challenge of packaging these tools? Any MOTUs on the
list? If no one else is doing it or wants to do it, I'll look into it
myself. Also note that Fedora has a newer version of policycoreutils
than either Debian or Ubuntu.

--
Jeff Schroeder

Don't drink and derive, alcohol and analysis don't mix.
http://www.digitalprognosis.com