[ubuntu-hardened] targeted policy broken?

Crispin Cowan crispin at novell.com
Mon Sep 18 16:53:25 BST 2006

Stephen Carpenter, KSC wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 03:31:25AM +0200, Crispin Cowan wrote:
>
>> Stephen Carpenter, KSC wrote:
>>
>>> [SElinux pain]
>>>
>> Try AppArmor http://www.linuxalert.org/ubuntu/apparmor/
>>
> Looks cool, I may check it out. However i just came off SELinux
> class from RedHat and its what we are deploying at work, so i figure
> playing with the targeted policy under ubuntu and trying to help
> get that up to where it is now under redhat would probably not be
> unproductive use of my time.

Wow! Not many organization's I've encountered have the courage to
actually deploy SELinux. Most look at it, and opt to risk vulnerability
instead, because it is less painful :)

But if that is what your office is doing, then I can't argue with the
wisdom of being familiar with what you are going to be fighting with in
your job.

Crispin

--
Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.                      http://crispincowan.com/~crispin/