[ubuntu-hardened] AppArmor for Ubuntu (braindump/overview)

Magnus Runesson mr-ubuntu at linuxalert.org
Thu Mar 2 17:02:22 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 02:36 +0000, Paul Sladen wrote:

> Wish-list:
>
>   Be able to freeze the process when it does something naughty so that a
>   call to userspace can be made and a "firewall" dialogue pop up asking the
>   currently disallowed action should be allowed.  Looking at the freezer/
>   suspend code to work out how this might be possible immediately before
>   return to userspace.

I am not sure this this is a good idea. I have studied friends and
others handling firewalls in windows. They just press Allow. I have
asked some of them if the know why it was safe to click allow. the
answer is: Oh, it would not work if I press disallow.
So they would press allow even if its a virus or worm since they do not
see the difference from what their normal programs do. Some already
has.

/Magnus

--
Magnus Runesson <mr-ubuntu at linuxalert.org>