[ubuntu-hardened] AppArmor for Ubuntu

Herman Bos hbos at osso.nl
Mon Feb 27 23:14:27 GMT 2006

Crispin Cowan wrote:
> David Kempe wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 08:19:58AM -0800, Crispin Cowan wrote:
>>

>>> Does this idea sound interesting to the Hardened Ubuntu community?
>>>

>> It certainly sounds interesting to me.
>> Lets see if we can get some packages together - what are the software
>> dependencies for AppArmour? what kernel patches does it require?
>>

> Did Dominic's post answer your questions? Anything we can do to help
> with your testing?
>

>>> For people in Europe who would like to know more, I will be presenting a
>>> talk on AppArmor this weekend at FOSDEM <http://www.fosdem.org/2006>.
>>> The schedule says the talk is Sunday at 14h00.
>>>

>> Would love to make it, but stuck in Australia, is there going to be slides
>> available?
>>

> The slides should *eventually* appear here
> http://www.fosdem.org/2006/index/speakers/speakers_cowan
>
> But since I don't control that web site, you can also get the slides
> here http://crispincowan.com/~crispin/apparmor_fosdem06.sxi
>
> Crispin

Certainly looks interesting. If its packaged I would love to give it a
test run. Too bad its too late to get the packages into dapper. But an
external repository would be fine.

I guess this stuff cannot be combined with the VSecurity module? If not
can it also cover stuff like TPE (Trusted Path Execution) and other
features VSecurity covers? As I understand they are both totally
different in features and approach.

Will it conflict? Will it be really cool combined?

VSecurity link: http://pearls.tuxedo-es.org/vsecurity/

I haven't tested VSecurity much since the latest version is not packaged
and the previous one had some serious trouble. But with eye on the
future I'm curious.

Regards,

Herman