[ubuntu-hardened] grsecurity vs vsecurity vs breezy

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon Oct 17 04:35:23 CDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 02:11:21PM +1000, Dave Kempe wrote:
>Does breezy support grsecurity/pax in any form?
>Do I need to use vsecurity instead?

AFAICS vsecurity isn't a drop-in replacement for grsecurity. vsecurity
is an LSM and as such can never address some of the things that
grsecurity does (e.g. what PaX provides).

>If I can use grsecurity (which I prefer) is there some libc that will
>work?

Would compiling it yourself be an option?

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

There is no such thing as sleep deprivation, only caffeine deficiency.
     -- Simmons