[ubuntu-hardened] [ANN] New vSecurity packages for Breezy Badger and new Hardened Debian website

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Thu Oct 13 10:52:39 CDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 10:32:26PM +0200, Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Right now, I have worked out the vSecurity packages for Breezy Badger
>that I was doing as part of my bounty proposal (thanks to Martin for
>the guidance and help back in the early stages of the packages). I've
>tested them and work *out of the box*. The very last bugs have been
>fixed and those things that originally needed to be improved, are
>ready.
>
> http://pearls.tuxedo-es.org/vsecurity/dist/ubuntu/
>
>It's aptget'able. Please note that amd64 package is missing. The source
>is prepared to build it, so, grab the source and then debuild. It will
>use amd64-generic Linux kernel headers package.

 $ sudo apt-get install vrsecurity
 Setting up vsecurity-686 (0.3-0ubuntu1) ...
 FATAL: Error inserting vsecurity (/lib/modules/2.6.12-9-686/kernel/security/vsecurity.ko): Invalid argument
 !!! Capabilities module blocks vSecurity. For keeping capabilities set in current processes, a reboot is needed.
 !!! PLEASE, REBOOT.

Well known issue?

I also don't like that my /etc/modules was overwritten by installing
vrsecurity.

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://therning.org/magnus

by patent law on written works.

his posting printed using 100% recycled electrons.