[ubuntu-hardened] Re: Any progress on hardening Ubuntu?

Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro lorenzo at gnu.org
Mon Oct 10 15:19:25 CDT 2005

On lun, 2005-10-10 at 11:55 +0200, Xavier Poinsard wrote:
> Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro a écrit :
>

> > Help is needed for maintaining accurate information online (updates and
> > changes are planned for http://www.debian-hardened.org and I'm seeking
> > for people to work all-together in it), managing schedules and also
> > packaging work. People willing to contribute but *not just eventually*.
> > It would be really nice to see some kind of "official support", that is,
> > involvement of "official members" ofthe Ubuntu Linux community, but I'm
> > sure they already have *lots* of work to do.
>
> http://wiki.debian-hardened.org/ is broken :
>
> Fatal error: Only variables can be passed by reference in
> /var/www/customers/debhard/vhosts/wiki/includes/Skin.php on line 1452

Right, wiki is to be moved. I'll try to contact Marc ASAP for fixing it.
It's time to do *lots* of things, first is to move wiki content to
wiki.tuxedo-es.org and then work out debian-hardened.org.

So, we'll see this next weekend if we start the new namespace for
Hardened Debian in tuxedo-es.org wiki and then start moving content.
Right now I got a flu and can't stay for long on nothing, neither
studying (which is my top priority right now, above *anything*) and
this. I hope to get better soon ;).

I'll try to be tomorrow night (CEST) in #ubuntu-hardened in both OFTC
and FreeNode to discuss some of the volunteering needs.

Cheers and thanks for bringing this to my attention,
PS: We should stop cross posting, there's no point. We already have many
people on -hardened which should be more interested on these regards,
rather than -devel which is intended for more general development
discussion. That's why -hardened does exist.
--
Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro <lorenzo at gnu.org>
[1024D/6F2B2DEC] & [2048g/9AE91A22][http://tuxedo-es.org]