David A. Cobb superbiskit at cox.net
Thu Nov 17 14:11:29 CST 2005

As things stand, installing Universe/admin/hardened-clients causes
telnet to be uninstalled.  Sad to say, however, this breaks ubuntu-standard.
Two solutions to this problem occur to me, and I'll cheerfully file the
"bug" if that's appropriate; but I figure I should pass it by the
community first.

1) The easiest (I think): Change the dependency in ubuntu-standard to
"telnet | ssh-client".
2) The more-durable solution: Create a dependency package parallel to
ubuntu-standard, called ubuntu-hardened; make it an alternative to
ubuntu-standard where that package appears in the various "ubuntu-X"

David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace, I am a Christian man; by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim: R.French, Tr.
Free at last!  Free at last!  Using Linux, I'm FREE at last!
Life is too short to tolerate crappy software!