[ubuntu-hardened] [RFC-1] IRC conference/talk log (20050503)

Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro lorenzo at gnu.org
Tue May 3 17:13:32 CDT 2005

I must say first that the RFC meeting of today was great, many things
discussed, some good decisions taken and a lot of politics done for
ensuring that the development can go in the right way.

The IRC log of the meeting is at:

Greetings for their participation to:

	- mdz		(Matt Zimmerman)
	- adobbie	(Andrew Dobbie)
	- doko		(Matthias Klose)
	- etbe		(Russell Coker)
	- hunger	(Tobias Hunger)
	- lamont	(LaMont Jones)
	- mako		(Benjamin Mako Hill)
	- pitti		(Martin Pitt)
	- nohar		(Arnaud Cornet)
	- tritium	(Michael F. Rimbert)
	- tseng		(Brandon Hale)
	- zyga		(Zygmunt Krynicki)

The decisions and thoughts of this RFC-1-20050403 will be explained and
listed in the RFC paper (specification) being written the forthcoming
days, to be finally discussed in a final RFC meeting which needs to be
scheduled, please send your date votes and think in different time

The process of the specification paper writing will be open:

A CVS module named 'ubuntu-hardened-spec' will be created at
cvs.tuxedo-es.org. Random thoughts and other notes should go to

(NOTE: please, do *not* put truly random stuff there, read the IRC log
and act properly, normally only those who attended to the meeting will
have rights to contribute to the spec. paper)

The final paper is going to be created using LaTeX with the manual/howto
and rfc classes (check the python.org 'Documenting Python' for more
information on these classes), thus, you'll need to checkout the proper
tex file from the CVS and have these classes installed to make the
proper exporting to other formats and manipulate the document itself.

We must take this process seriously as it will define how we will need
to work and act, in both political and development terms, which
subsequently has deep influence in the deployment of the work done. We
can't do it wrong this time.

Many thanks again to all of those who participated and attended and also
to those who couldn't participate nor attend to the meeting. We have
done a really important step, that is, "one small step for us, one giant
leap for Ubuntu" ;).

Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro <lorenzo at gnu.org>
[1024D/6F2B2DEC] & [2048g/9AE91A22][http://tuxedo-es.org]