[ubuntu-hardened] Ubuntu Hardened volunteers recruitment

Jamie Jones jamie_jones_au at yahoo.com.au
Mon Apr 18 05:41:13 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 00:03 +0200, Lorenzo Hernández García-Hierro
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The intention of this announcement is to advice on the "recruitment"
> being done by the Ubuntu Hardened team.
>
> Even if anyone can contribute, a formal developers team is needed, and
> we are currently a few people, but during the last weeks I've found that
> the work needs to be organized and done by more people, as we can't
> handle all the stuff: upstream work (at least for me), testing,
> packaging while doing minimal changes, bug reporting, activities
> tracking, wiki pages maintenance... etc.

I'd like to help. I think I'd most most effective in testing and bug
reporting, but if you don't mind giving some guidence on the other tasks
I can help out there too.

> Thus, we are looking for people interested in being part of the
> development team, with wishes of learning, having fun, working within
> the team and contributing to a wonderful project, that is, Ubuntu Linux.
>
> We are not looking for people with special skills, the will of learning
> is the most important one, but these would be much appreciated:
>
> 	- Debian packaging skills.
> 	- toolchain-related skills.
> 	- experience working with SELinux
> 		- policy development and/or maintenance.
>
> If you think you have something to contribute with or you just want to
> know the experience of working with people with common goals, ideas and
> wishes of learning and contributing to Ubuntu Linux (and also Debian in
> the long term), don't hesitate and drop us a line.
>
> Cheers,
I'd like to discuss further how I can help, I have an strong interest in
seeing Ubuntu more secure, as I use it as the base for a project I'm
working on, and I'd like to see the changes pushed up to Debian.

I live in Sydney, so I can come over to the Ubuntu Down Under conference
and meet face to face. How many of you will be there ?

Jamie

--
GPG/PGP signed mail preferred. No HTML mail. No MS Word attachments
PGP Key ID 0x42E2C1E5