[Question #8779]: ethernet boot network manager

Fernando Pazin question8779 at answers.launchpad.net
Tue Jun 26 02:42:00 BST 2007

New question #8779 on Ubuntu:

Hi !
When I try to boot my Feisty at Presario V6000  with the Ethernet cable puggled and log in my user account, the gnome splash screen didn't appear...
I only see a white square at the top-left of the screen (like a window with no borders).
The only solution is to turn off (restart X with CTRL+ALT+Backspace doesn't help because I will get this error again and again).

If the boot proccess occur with the ethernet cable unplugged, the GNOME starts normally and the nm-applet prompts the dialog for the wifi connection... no problem.

How can I debug this proccess (the gnome startup) to understand whats is going on?
Sorry my bad english and thanks!

Ubuntu Greek Users, which is an answer contact for Ubuntu.