[Question #8243]: restricted software

Virgil Jones question8243 at answers.launchpad.net
Tue Jun 26 02:00:06 BST 2007

Question #8243 on Ubuntu changed:

Description changed to:
 I am rather new to Ubuntu and continue to attempt to make my system
work the way I want it to.  On several occasions I have been instructed
to go the synaptic package manager and down load restricted software.  I
can find no way to do this.  There is nothing in synaptic that says
anything about restricted software.  In the June issue of Maximumpc in
page 44 starts a really good atricle about Ubuntu and on page 48 they
talk about restricted software and say to correct the problem go to the
Applications menu and click Add/Remove, then change the Show: dropdown
to read "All available applications".  When I go there a Show dropdown
is not found.  Can someone help me out.  I have searched and can find
nothing that helps me with this.

Ubuntu Greek Users, which is an answer contact for Ubuntu.