Is the gnome 3 ppa still maintained?

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 17 22:34:59 UTC 2018

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 2:56 PM, Simon Strandman
<simon.strandman at gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks like the gnome 3 ppa (ie. ppa:gnome3-team/gnome3) hasn't been
> updated in a while. Since Ubuntu 18.04 will ship with a mix of gnome 3.28
> and 3.26 packages I wonder if the ppa will contain the missing pieces of
> gnome 3.28?

Yes, except we've lately only been using the GNOME3 Staging PPA
instead of the GNOME3 PPA.

There really isn't much there and won't be because we have been doing
better at getting nearly all of the current GNOME release into Ubuntu
before release.

Here are the current contents for Ubuntu 18.04 "bionic":
https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/ubuntu/gnome3-staging/+packages?field.series_filter=bionic

And the info page is at
https://launchpad.net/~gnome3-team/+archive/ubuntu/gnome3-staging/

Thanks,