Future of Ubuntu Gnome?

Eemil Lagerspetz eemil at gmx.com
Thu Oct 26 10:28:50 UTC 2017

Hi,I have done an upgrade to Ubuntu 17.10 from Ubuntu Gnome. I just had
to pick the Gnome on Xorg session from the login screen to get a normal
Gnome experience (where my dock of choice Docky also works properly, as
it does not show all windows on Wayland). Then I got a "vanilla" Gnome
experience. Of course, I did install the "gnome-desktop" metapackage,
same as I have done on previous Ubuntus, so I guess it's not 100% out
of the box vanilla Gnome that we get with 17.10.

--
Eemil Lagerspetz
email: eemil at gmx.com or eemil.lagerspetz at gmail.com