Future of Ubuntu Gnome?

Jon Germany roadrash100 at live.com
Thu Oct 26 10:21:10 UTC 2017

I am a regular user of Ubuntu Gnome and love it.
I have just downloaded and installed the latest Ubuntu 17.10 which is
now supposedly has stopped using the unity desktop and switched back to
the gnome desktop.  I must say I was disappointed as its nothing like as
good as  the "Ubuntu Gnome" 16.04's desktop, with the desktop being a
modified version of Gnome.  I had to install the Gnome Shell from this
guide to get it back to a true Gnome desktop like the Ubuntu Gnome
flavour uses:

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/10/install-vanilla-gnome-shell-ubuntu-17-10

I am wondering, If Ubuntu's official mainstream release is going back to
being Gnome based again, what is to become of this "Ubuntu Gnome"
flavour?  As ive said, I still prefer it so I would say there will
probably be others who feel the same as me.  So whats to happen now?  I
would like to see it continue but maybe a rename/re-brand of this
version maybe needed to avoid confusion.
Whats do others think should happen?