hotkey for window arrangement / tiling?

Michael Gratton mike at vee.net
Thu May 25 01:26:50 UTC 2017

On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 4:57 AM, Kristian Rink <kawazu428 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Well yes, actually this is just how I do things now, but it's a bit
> clumsy at times so I wondered whether there's sort of an
> "automatically tile everything" hotkey to have this done faster... ;)

If you look in the Keyboard desktop settings, there's four shortcut
bindings that might help a bit:

- View split on left
- View split on right
- Maximise window
- Restore window

I have these set to Super+Left, Super+Right, Super+Up and Super+Down
respectively. You could say I find them... super useful.

(•_•)
(⌐■_■)

I thought some additional tiling options had been added to
mutter/gnome-shell at some point, but were removed again for some
reason, but I can't find the b.g.o bug for that at the moment.

//Mike
--
⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>