weird output when restarting/shutting down

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Mon May 8 09:43:27 UTC 2017

On Sat, May 06, 2017 at 11:06:45AM -0700, Charlie Luna wrote:
> hey gnome-sters! hehe, that's my petname for us ubuntu gnome users.
> got a weird issue going on. i changed wifi cards in my laptop a couple
> weeks ago and for some reason, i now get some disturbing output upon
> restart/shutdown but it's only when my wifi connection is being a
> problem.
> some of the ouput shows some failures of some kind but it goes by so
> fast that i can't make out much of it and i've got no idea of how to
> get a terminal output to post here or on launchpad.

Run journalctl -b in a terminal to see all log messages.  The errors
will likely be there.

> i'm considering reinstalling ubuntu, the standard version, just for
> comparison reasons and perhaps sticking with it until the change back
> to the gnome desktop that's coming with 18.04.

You could boot a live session from a USB drive to test, instead of
reinstalling.

Also, are there any actual problems other than some error messages
during shutdown?

Marius Gedminas
--
Remember, drive defensively! And of course, the best defense is a good offense!