Ubuntu GNOME 17.04: weird delay starting apps

Alex G.S. alxgrtnstrngl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 16:02:20 UTC 2017

Update:

Looks like I found the root cause of the problem. I added a large number of
fonts which were a number of *.otf and *.ttf to ~/.fonts and then rebuilt
my font cache. This operation was very CPU intensive. After that all apps
were loading with large delays. When I deleted ~/.fonts and rebuilt the
cache again the apps returned to normal instant startup times.

There might be a performance issue with the loading of a large number of
user fonts I'll file a bug upstream, thanks!