Heads up: WebKit2GTK 2.12.5 from PPA breaks rendering form controls
jbicha at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 16 23:19:57 UTC 2016
On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 11:03 PM, Michael Gratton <mike at vee.net> wrote:
> Just a quick head-up, the webkit2gtk 2.12.5 packages from the staging PPA
> breaks rendering form controls: Text, borders, selects, etc. are all
> invisible. Rolling back to 2.12.4 fixes it.
1. webkit2gtk 2.12.5 was published as a security update  to all
Ubuntu 16.04 users.
2. If webkit2gtk is built against GTK 3.18, it won't work properly
with GTK 3.20 
3. I rebuilt 2.12.5 with a higher version number in the staging PPA.
4. The amd64 build failed. Usually there's a build log for the error
and the GNOME3 Team gets an automatic build failure email but that
didn't happen here.
5. After getting your email (thanks!), I retried the build. The build
succeeded so it should be safe to upgrade webkit2gtk now with no known
We'll be pushing webkit2gtk 2.14 to the Staging PPA probably later this month.
More information about the Ubuntu-GNOME