Apt-get no longer works

Ty bluesoviet at outlook.com
Fri May 20 04:58:24 UTC 2016

Hello all,

As the subject says, for whatever apt-get no longer works for me. I can
no longer fetch or download ANY updates/drivers. In both the Terminal
and "Software Updater" it simply stops after the "Fetched <whatever
amount of data> in <whatever time>. In the case of the Gnome-software,
it simply stops trying to download the updates after a few seconds.

Everything network wise works fine. I can connect and download files via
a web browser without ANY issues, so it has to be something with apt-get.

Not sure if its helps any, but Gnome-software lists an update for
python-urllib3 and python3-urllib3. Both mention something about broken
IPv6 brackets.

Can anyone offer any suggestions I can try? Is there a way to download
these files to see if they are the issue?