Super for displaying Activity overview stopped working?

Bruce Pieterse dev at otq.za.net
Thu May 12 16:32:16 UTC 2016

On 06/05/2016 14:54, Kristian Rink wrote:
> Folks,
>
> so far, I was pretty much used to having Super_L key (left Windows key)
> on my keyboard set to display the Activities overview in GNOME, which
> has been just like that for as long as I can remember. Today, however,
> after reinstalling my system, cleaning up $HOME and having the system
> crash once, this is not working anymore, Super_L in itself does
> nothing. Worse, I can't even assign this keybinding anymore as the
> default GNOME keyboard setup obviously only accepts two-key shortcuts
> at least all along with Super_L?
>
> This is fairly strange. Worst: I can't even reproduce the default
> behaviour on a newly created account on my system anymore. So to ask:
> Have keybindings somehow changed with 16.04? Is there any way to
> restore the desired behaviour? By now I have set Super_L + Space to
> toggle Activities view, however this is a change I really need to get
> used to as I used it excessively...
>
> TIA and all the best,
> K.

Hi Kristian,

The Left Super key is still the default key for switching between the
overview and desktop. You can set which Super key to use with GNOME
Tweak Tool. Head over to the Keyboard and Mouse category and then select
an option under "Switch between overview and desktop".

Hope that helps.

--
All the best,

Bruce