[2016-Goal#1] A NEW Server for Ubuntu GNOME

Jasper Backer jasper at jbacker.nl
Sat Jan 2 12:40:38 UTC 2016

Hello,

First: I've not yet been socially active on here I believe. Guess it
should be time to say "Hi" :)
If there's a place where I should shortly introduce myself, let me know.

Now reading this.. Isn't it better to get the current hosting-related
issues sorted out? I believe taking the hosting away from Canonical is a
bad step. Find out who's in charge, if we *really* are restricted to the
current platform as-is, etc.

Lubuntu/Xubuntu/Kubuntu all have decent websites and are all on the same
platform. It shouldn't be impossible for us to have a proper website. If
we are taking it away however, I am guessing having a proper VM/VPS
somewhere is best.

If it helps, on my private dedicated server I can setup an account with
full FTP/SQL/etc access for the Ubuntu Gnome project to develop the new
website on. Do we have DNS control of the domain?

I'll even provide a VM with separate IP for the project if needed, on my
server (for whatever purpose we need it, including hosting the website
if we are going that route). I have enough resources (mem/disk)
available and I rely on that server myself as well, so rest assured that
it's being taken care of properly :)

Greets,
Jasper