[2016-Goal#1] A NEW Server for Ubuntu GNOME

Ali/amjjawad amjjawad at gnome.org
Sat Jan 2 12:02:09 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thank you for your email :)

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 10:15 PM, Narcis Garcia <informatica at actiu.net>
wrote:

> Can you remember to others?:
>
> 1. What are the "conflicting" Canonical limitations in current server
> 2. What are the proposals to overcome those limitations in new server

It's 22:55 here and I'm heading to bed. So, I'll make it as short as
possible.

With the current server, I can't even change the theme nor update the
platform (WordPress) nor can install any plug-in ... only Canonical people
can do that AFAIK. So to change the website (design wise), I'm not even
sure what's involved? who is in charge? etc ...

With a new server, we shall have 100% freedom over our website. We can do
whatever we like such us updating the website itself, updating the platform
(wordpress), install/remove plug-ins and more ..

We're many people around and if each one donates 1-2USD, that would be
great ..

It's our project, if we don't take care of it, who would?!

Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>

*http://kibo.computer <http://kibo.computer>* - http://torios.net - Ubuntu
GNOME <http://ubuntugnome.org/>