Slack

Tim darkxst at fastmail.fm
Sat Feb 27 06:13:26 UTC 2016

On 27/02/16 16:18, Khurshid Alam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Slack is quite efficient I think. You can have moderated channels and public channels (still requires a slack id though). It is always better
> to go with something that have some sort of notification systems for mobile and desktops. Free service includes browsing 10k most recent
> messages (rest are archived). Shouldn't that be enough?
Well one of the advantadges people say about slack is that it maintains a full history, but really that is somewhat limited. based on our IRC
channel which isnt particularly busy, that might give like 6months of history.

What about making announcements to a slack channel, can you do that? or they just get eaten up in the backlog, which is particulary verbose
given all the pretty formatting and what not.

> Btw, is there a telegram group for Ubuntu-Gnome? I couldn't find it. May I also join?
Artwork/Marketing team are on telegram, thats the only one that I know of.