beta1: locked out during dist-upgrade?

Kristian Rink kawazu428 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 10:56:57 UTC 2016

Am Donnerstag, den 25.02.2016, 21:35 +1100 schrieb Tim:
> Is this a known issue? Or is this just me?
>
> The upgrade of gdm causes the auth channel to break, not much you can
> do apart from reboot (or restart gdm3). There is really no way around
> this, although I have though about forcing a reboot when the upgrade
> happens.

I see, thanks. Problem in my case is that, with the dist-upgrade
running in a terminal in the GNOME session, I was unable to see how far
the process actually is. Rebooting, consequently, left me with a black
screen, and it took me a while to reboot, find a virtual terminal to
log in and manually run dpkg --pending --configure to make sure _all_
the downloaded yet unconfigured packages were completely installed to
make the system correctly start up again. Maybe the upgrade procedure
should in some way take care of this case, even though I have no real
idea how... - disable screen lock during upgrade altogether?

Cheers,
Kristian