[Ubuntugnome-qa] [Beta 1 Testing] Your Help Is Needed

Erick Brunzell lbsolost at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 23 23:53:48 UTC 2016

On 02/23/2016 05:42 PM, Ali/amjjawad wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am extremely busy in real life and not in good health (back/neck
> problems) as I'm about to shift houses for the 4th or 5th times in 2
> years so you can imagine :)
>
> However, living in pain is easier than NOT supporting Ubuntu GNOME. So
> please, do help us!
>
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/357/builds
>
> In case you don't know:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/ReleaseSchedule
>
> Please test and as you may know, report any bug to the ISO Tracker.
>
> If you're new to all this, here is a good place to start from:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGNOME/Testing
>
> The release notes:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/XenialXerus/Beta1/UbuntuGNOME
>
> Please update the release notes whenever possible.
>
> I see, yet again, no one is paying attention to i386 so I'll do my
> best in that area.

I am paying attention. As you can see from my posted results both the
amd64 and i386 images are basically junk! I also encountered an
installation failure but ubuntu-bug ubiquity complained about a lack of
space on the live DVD, how is that possible?

Anyway I'll try and reproduce that behavior as time allows but right now
I'm trying to recover from a failed Trusty -> Xenial upgrade so I can
file a release-upgrader bug the smart way. If that fails I'll have to
file a must less useful bug report the dumb way.

Lance

PS: the 20160221 amd64 image had far fewer problems so something got
borked in the last 48 hours or so.