Fwd: Preparing for 14.04.4 release on Feb 18

Erick Brunzell lbsolost at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 00:18:28 UTC 2016

On 02/10/2016 09:07 PM, Tim wrote:
> On 11/02/16 11:06, Erick Brunzell wrote:
>> Just a heads-up. As you can see 14.04.4 has been delayed another week and hopefully the trusty-proposed repos will be disabled in the iso's by
>> Saturday. This is important because I'm tracking two bugs that I believe may be fixed with packages from proposed but still present w/o proposed.
> Do you have links for these bugs?

There are existing bug reports that were filed against Wily. For a while 
they also affected the 14.04.4 candidates but ATM the Trusty dailies 
look good. I just need to watch that they stay fixed once the 
trusty-proposed repos are switched off because proposed updates that are 
still pending SRU will potentially be rolled back. So no need to share 
those bug reports ATM.

The same bugs have also affected Xenial, at least up to about one week 
ago, so once 14.04.4 is released I'll have to follow up with Xenial Beta 
1 the next week and then Wily as time allows. Wily stunk for me as two 
out of my three test boxes failed to work with it, one being a kernel 
problem that prevented the installation of some nvidia drivers and the 
other being broken intel graphics drivers.

But both bugs were shared with Ubuntu itself so not really your problem, 
just annoying kernel and X bugs.

>> Also, just as Adam says, this is not something we can opt out of! I'll do my level best to cover things on the testing end but we absolutely
>> need someone to handle the electronic ink. It would be nice to know who's going to do this before the last minute.
>> Lance
>> -------- Forwarded Message --------
>> Subject: 	Preparing for 14.04.4 release on Feb 18
>> Date: 	Wed, 10 Feb 2016 03:16:49 -0700
>> From: 	Adam Conrad <adconrad at ubuntu.com>
>> To: 	ubuntu-release at lists.ubuntu.com
>> CC: 	ubuntu-quality at lists.ubuntu.com
>> For starters, people may note that the date in the subject is a week
>> later than they were expecting.  Due to a lack of testing of the HWE
>> stack, and a few other compounded issues (like my being ill), I'm
>> delaying the release until the 18th, prefering having it done right,
>> rather than having it done quickly.
>> With that said, here's the general plan:
>> 1) If you haven't already smoketested some dailies to make sure your
>>     flavour is working alright with the HWE stack, please do so now.
>> 2) If you have last minute fixes that affect the live session or the
>>     installer, get them in the queue now and bring my attention to
>>     them.  Anything that doesn't fit those two categories will likely
>>     not make it into the point release (but will be fine as SRUs as
>>     usual after the release).
>> 3) I will be promoting the HWE stack to -updates and switching the
>>     ISO builds to exclude -proposed by the end of the week, and we
>>     can consider any images produced over the weeked as RCs for the
>>     point release.
>> 4) Testing in the first few days of next week should lead us to a
>>     set of images we're confident about releasing on Thursday.
>> Remember that *all* flavours signed up to be LTS flavours for trusty,
>> so do find some people to test, and remind your counterparts from
>> other flavours that they're on the hook for giving us a pass/fail,
>> and do be good citizens and help out where people are lacking in the
>> right hardware or manpower to test a specific image.
>> ... Adam
>> -- 
>> Ubuntu-release mailing list
>> Ubuntu-release at lists.ubuntu.com
>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-release

More information about the Ubuntu-GNOME mailing list