Fwd: Preparing for 14.04.4 release on Feb 18

Erick Brunzell lbsolost at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 12 00:18:28 UTC 2016

On 02/10/2016 09:07 PM, Tim wrote:

> On 11/02/16 11:06, Erick Brunzell wrote:
>> Just a heads-up. As you can see 14.04.4 has been delayed another week and hopefully the trusty-proposed repos will be disabled in the iso's by
>> Saturday. This is important because I'm tracking two bugs that I believe may be fixed with packages from proposed but still present w/o proposed.
> Do you have links for these bugs?

There are existing bug reports that were filed against Wily. For a while
they also affected the 14.04.4 candidates but ATM the Trusty dailies
look good. I just need to watch that they stay fixed once the
trusty-proposed repos are switched off because proposed updates that are
still pending SRU will potentially be rolled back. So no need to share
those bug reports ATM.

The same bugs have also affected Xenial, at least up to about one week
ago, so once 14.04.4 is released I'll have to follow up with Xenial Beta
1 the next week and then Wily as time allows. Wily stunk for me as two
out of my three test boxes failed to work with it, one being a kernel
problem that prevented the installation of some nvidia drivers and the
other being broken intel graphics drivers.

But both bugs were shared with Ubuntu itself so not really your problem,
just annoying kernel and X bugs.