Pictures slideshow for screensaver

Albert Westra odysseywestra at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 15:44:29 UTC 2016

Yeah, this isn't a feature of Gnome Shell sadly. I really wish it was
though.

However, if you want an app suggestion, I use variety for doing this. It
not only changes the wallpaper, but it can fetched images for and you add
effects to the image in real time. I've been using it for the past year,
and I haven't had a problem with it.

http://peterlevi.com/variety/

On Sat, Apr 2, 2016, 5:05 AM Leo Francisco <lists at boywithwings.co.uk> wrote:

> I think there's quite a few applications that will do this but to my
> knowledge, this isn't feature of GNOME shell. Check in the Ubuntu repos
> using synaptic or similar.
>
> All the best
> Leo
>

> On 02/04/16 12:21, Narcis Garcia wrote:
> > Hello, I want to have a screensaver that shows randomly the "Pictures"
> > folder content, with Ubuntu-Gnome 14.04 (Gnome shell 3.10)
> >
> > How can I setup this?
> >
> > Thanks.

-- Albert Westra