Malware in Ubuntu-Gnome?

Erick Brunzell lbsolost at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 20 18:11:50 UTC 2015

On 09/20/2015 11:32 AM, Narcis Garcia wrote:
> I want to ask if desktop search surveillance is included or excluded in
> Gnome variant of Ubuntu, and what references endorse answers to this
> question;
>
> https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/ubuntu-spyware.en.html

AFAIK that "malware" (I prefer to call it a feature and Stallman even
refers to it as such in that rant) is only available on the Unity
desktop. That sort of makes sense when you consider what the target
audience is for the Unity DE (tablets, phones, etc).

I included Ubuntu GNOME QA in the conversation in case I'm wrong.

Lance