NEW Sub-Teams for Ubuntu GNOME

Elias Psallidas eliasps at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 11 04:53:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

While I think compartmentalising the workload into sub-teams is a very
affective solution to a better communication for the best for Ubuntu GNOME,
I think that having too many teams will work against the very same goal.

What I'd propose for the teams would be the following model:
-Ubuntu GNOME Marketing Team, which will iclude the Human Development,
Communications (Social Media), Marketing, Brainstorming and maybe Artwork.
Since their goal is similar and one team may be helpful in coordination. A
good team for ideas to be thrown around and be discussed while keeping
everyone in sync. This should also include appointed IRC Channel moderators.
-Ubuntu GNOME Documentation Team, which will include Wiki, Documentation,
Translations and maybe Artwork if not in the one above.
-Ubuntu GNOME QA stays as is.
-Ubuntu GNOME Contributing Developers, which will include the Release and
maybe the website team.
-Ubuntu GNOME Leaders board which will include members with leading roles
on the above teams (Website developers, Bloggers etc.)

5 teams is a reasonable number.
Merging teams with similar goals is a good idea, per my opinion and will
make things less complicated for new members to join. This will also reduce
the load on the many mailing lists.

Opinions?

Best regards,
Elias Psallidas