Booting into busybox

Andrés Muñiz Piniella a75576 at alumni.tecnun.es
Sat Oct 24 15:07:40 UTC 2015

El 23 de octubre de 2015 20:31:29 GMT+01:00, "Andrés Muñiz Piniella" <a75576 at alumni.tecnun.es> escribió:

>El 11 de octubre de 2015 14:02:52 GMT+01:00, Erick Brunzell
><lbsolost at yahoo.com> escribió:
>>On 10/11/2015 03:52 AM, Andrés Muñiz Piniella wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>> After grub and after ubuntu gnome splash screen it just loads into
>>something called busybox. I then typed the command exit and it gives a
>>series of messages but does not shutdown (should it shutdown?)
>>> I force reboot and force shutdown with the buttons on the hardware.
>>Same result.
>>>
>>> I tried loading previous kernel versions (.45?) With similar
>results.
>>>
>>> I am using LTS version.
>>>
>>> Please let me know what details are needed(I will probably need to
>>take pictures of the screen) to get this up and running. Thanks!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Andrés
>>>

>>If you are able to boot a live DVD/USB I'd run the filesystem check
>>offered by Gparted on only your Linux partitions. Do not perform any
>>other partition manipulations to avoid possible data loss! I'm
>>attaching
>>a screenshot of Gparted just as an example. In that example I
>>right-clicked on /dev/sda1 to display the function menu. When the
>>filesystem check is complete you'll be able to view the results and
>see
>>
>>if any errors were fixed or still persist.
>>
>>Lance
>
>Finally got hold of a live CD.
>Thanks Lance! No errors found.
>
>Why else would this come up?

Hi all,

Looked up and found SMART(montools).  See here output of smart.

http://paste2.org/Z6LXxgP5

Looks like some sectors are broken?

Is this when I use dd-rescue?

Now gparted does not even recognize it as a ext4 just as unknown.

I ran boot-repair and now grub only sees my other partition. Running an installation of bodhi linux I thought did not exist.

--
RichmondMakerlabs.uk
Ham United Group