Wily RC Images rolling out to the tracker

Bruce Pieterse dev at otq.za.net
Mon Oct 19 18:45:45 UTC 2015

On 19/10/2015 20:35, Alexander Vinbæk Strand wrote:

Hi Alexander,

> I have upgraded from 15.04 to 15.10 for a week ago and the only thing I
> can see is when I boot the computer then after plymouth boot screen with
> the new logo disapppears and before gdm login screen appears then I can
> see some text coming on the screen, but everything is working after
> login so I don't know if it's a bug or what it is.

I also started getting this recently, however this is minor as the
plymouth process is being terminated before showing you the login screen.

> I don't know if admin has seen the email I sent to the list for some
> time ago, with a screenshot, because I found a word that is wrong, in
> ubiquity (Ubuntu installer) on Norwegian bokmål you can see the word
> DVD-ever but the right word is DVD-er (means DVD's on Norwegian) I know
> this is also the same translation as in Ubuntu GNOME 15.04 installer,
> but is there time to fix that before 15.10 release?

Possibly. Would you mind filing a bug reports here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome and providing us with some
screen shots and the above text as the bug description?

> But as I can see now, the Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 is more stable than the
> 15.04 release, it is not freezing so much as 15.04, icons is showing
> correct in launcher, the google calendar problem is fixed, now all
> calendars are synced when you add google as an online account, before in
> 15.04 you had to add other google calendars manaully and just the
> default calendar was synced, so this is very good.

I'm glad you are seeing things working much better in this release :)

> But will I get the final version automatically at thursday or must I
> reinstall when the final version is released?

Yes. You can upgrade to the final release like a normal system update.

You can update with sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade from the
terminal or optionally when Software Updater pops up just click upgrade
or just run update-manager from the command line on or after release day.

> Alexander Vinbæk Strand

> <mailto:amjjawad at gnome.org>>:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     Please see the below message: