Can't connect to internet

Tim darkxst at fastmail.fm
Sat Nov 21 00:29:08 UTC 2015

On 21/11/15 15:04, Ty Young wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if someone here could shed some light as to why my wired connection is no longer working in Ubuntu Gnome and maybe even how to
> fix it.
>
> The issue appeared after my ISP came to my house to fix a issue and they took my working router in the process. Now i can no longer connect to
> the internet besides Valve's Steam client. Browsing to any webpage results in a error along the lines of DNS_PROBE_FAILED_BAD_CONFIG. Wireless
> doesn't work either and gives the same error. Windows 7 connects fine and I'm not experiencing any issues.
Likely either your local dns config is messed up, or there is a problem with the DNS server you are connecting to
, that could either be in your new router or your ISP.

> Any help really is appreciated. If i can't fix this I'm probably going to have to reinstall or stop using Ubuntu Gnome/Linux entirely(i really
> don't want to do that but what choice to do i have?)
This would probably be a good place to start:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/622470/dns-probe-finished-bad-config-error-in-ubuntu-14-04

another thing to try would be test using google DNS servers