3.16 Legacy Notifications

David González david at thehumble.ninja
Thu May 14 14:45:47 UTC 2015

It's way better than
1) Moving the mouse cursor to the bottom waiting for GNOME to react so it could show the message notification area
2) Pressing Alt+M

Granted, I was never a fan of the message panel altogether, it seemed like a concept that wasn't fully polished.

I do like that new legacy tray icon area tho, for one if you press it it will remain open even if you use other applications, and if you move the cursor it will roll open temporarily. One of the main problems I had with the old tray is that the message panel would close after opening a tray menu, which was really annoying if I wanted to continue using it.

I'm with you though, just move it to the main notification tray; it feels like they are doing an awfully lot of work just to "be different".