Wherefore art thou, Evolution 3.16?

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Fri May 8 17:11:42 UTC 2015

Hi all.  I'm using Ubuntu GNOME 15.04 and it's been going quite well,
with minor issues.

One big thing I'm missing is Evolution 3.16.  The current release in
15.04 is Evolution 3.12.  I realize standard Ubuntu GNOME 15.04 is
mainly GNOME 3.14, but even in the GNOME3 Staging PPA I see lots of 3.16
apps but not Evolution.

I really need Evo 3.16.  I could build it myself, but I'd prefer to get
a package.  Evolution 3.16 actually can be built and run fine on GNOME
3.14; could it be added to the GNOME3 PPA?  If not can it be added to
GNOME3 Staging PPA?

Cheers!