Nautilus lacking "New Document" in the context menu

Marc Thomas mat at mthx.org
Fri Mar 27 16:59:22 UTC 2015

Catch 22. You can't create a new document in the template folder
because there are no templates in the template folder.

As far as I know, that is working as it is intended, which is
definitely inconvenient. My recommendation, open up whatever
application that generated the file type you want (gedit, libreoffice,
etc) and save a blank file into that folder. Then, you willl be able to
create a new document from that template in any folder. You can also
just create a new file in that folder with vim (or whatever text editor
you want) and save it with whatever extension you want (txt, odt, py,
cpp, etc).

--
Marc Thomas
mthx.org | Github: mthxx | @mthx_