Nautilus samba sharing failing.

Tim darkxst at fastmail.fm
Fri Mar 27 04:17:14 UTC 2015

On 27/03/15 14:22, David González wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been using the daily build ISO to give Ubuntu GNOME a spin. I
> noticed that enabling samba sharing always fails due to a missing icon
> and it would output this
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/AptUrl/AptUrl.py", line 221, in main
>     if not ui.askInstallPackage(apturl.package, sum, desc, homepage):
>   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/AptUrl/gtk/GtkUI.py", line 167,
> in askInstallPackage
>     dia.set_icon(Gtk.IconTheme.get_default().load_icon('deb', 16, False))
Hi, thanks for your report, can you file a bug on launchpad (run `ubuntu-bug apturl`) for this, its a little hard to track bugs reported on the
mailing list!

> I installed gnome-icon-theme-full package and things go working again so
> it'd be nice to introduce that package when a user installs Ubuntu GNOME
> as default.
we are now using adwaita-icon-theme, which has superceded gnome-icon-theme, so that is not the correct fix.
"deb" is a legacy icon name, instead apt-url should be using "package-x-generic" for the icon name.