Hotkeys stop working after suspend

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Thu Jun 25 13:25:13 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 25, 2015 at 01:46:25PM +0300, Anton Sudak wrote:
> I have some problems with hotkeys in Ubuntu  GNOME 15.04 with
> gnome3-staging PPA enabled. Each time when computer wakes up after suspend
> hotkeys such as volume/brightness control, open terminal, toggle wireless
> networks stop working. I replicated this bug on desktop and notebook.

It's a known bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/+bug/1427877

Upstream thinks it's caused by some Ubuntu patch.

Nobody has tracked it down yet :(

> I find way how to get hotkeys back. I restart gnome-shell and
> gnome-settings-daemon. But still this bug is really annoying, especially on
> a laptop.
>
> I also filled bug on launchpad
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-gnome/+bug/1461781 .

(I marked it as duplicate of LP: #1427877.)

Marius Gedminas
--
Looking at online news comments is never a good idea. Unless you *seek* reasons
for planetary sterilization . . .