Someone Tries to Sell Ubuntu GNOME Linux OS on Craigslist for $30

Tim darkxst at fastmail.fm
Mon Jun 22 12:18:24 UTC 2015

On 22/06/15 21:36, Andrés Muñiz Piniella wrote:

> El 22 de junio de 2015 10:35:58 GMT+01:00, Tim <darkxst at fastmail.fm> escribió:
>> Why is everyone getting so worked up about this?
>
> Actually from reading  this
>
> http://www.ubuntu.com/about/about-ubuntu/licensing
its even stated on that page, and I quote
"While Ubuntu will not charge licence fees for this distribution, you might want to charge to print Ubuntu CDs, or create your own customised
versions of Ubuntu which you sell, and should have the freedom to do so."

Of course they have tightened up the trademark rules a bit since that was written, however it should still apply to unmodified images.

> And listening to the interview here
> http://linuxluddites.com/ogg/podcast-43-ogg/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LinuxLudditesOgg+%28Linux+Luddites+%C2%BB+Ogg%29
I don't have time to listen to random interviews, but really I don't see what all fuss is about. Softpedia are click-baiting and hyping things
up. But what would I know, I'm only the co-founder and Technical lead of Ubuntu GNOME....