Call for a meeting (IRC/Hangout)

Charlie Moss charlie at charliemoss.com
Fri Jul 31 11:10:48 UTC 2015

If you find the system works, stay with it. But don't stay with something
just because A, B & C are using it, as B maybe be staying with it because
you, A & C are using it, C maybe be staying with it because you, A & B are
using it, etc.

I forget the 'phases of progress', basically they are.... outrage, protest,
acceptance, contentment (something like that). Gnome, itself,  is a fine
example of this.

For me, a new member in any group is gold. There should be a system of
'Befriending'. An old member is connected with a new member to befriend
them, guide them, make them feel welcomed, connect them with other members,
assess their abilities and ultimately allocate them a roll they will enjoy
and be suited to.  IMHO, this is how to build a community.  But again, if
your present system is working well, then stay with it.

I'm not here to make waves or criticize. 100 people looking at a single
painting will see 100 different scenes, yet each of the 100 believes there
is only painting and therefore there can only be one perspective.

According to the survey, there are over 200 people ready to contribute.
Hopefully, they can all help bring 3.18 to 15.04.

Regards,

*Charlie*