Call for a meeting (IRC/Hangout)

Charlie Moss charlie at charliemoss.com
Fri Jul 31 09:12:47 UTC 2015

Thank you for your feedback. It has become clear to me over the past few
weeks that I am not suited to contribute to an Ubuntu community. My
enthusiasm to give back to Ubuntu Gnome has not changed, I simply find the
system of communication, IRC and Mailing Lists, totally ineffective and
inefficient.

It is nearly impossible for a new person to get involved, as a topic's
timeline is often divided when emails are forked, plus it is easy to miss a
message when they are inserted into the text of the previous email, making
catch up very time-consuming.  I'm sure if I suggested using 'Slack' I
would be ignored or receive a list of reasons why it was not suitable, but
for me, video communication like Hangouts and threaded text communication
like Slack are presently the most effective systems of collaboration.

Good luck to you all.  I looking forward to October and the release of
Ubuntu Gnome 15.10. I hope it will have Gnome 3.18 as this is clearly more
important to users than 100% stability. If a user requires 100% stability,
then they must remain with the LTS.

Regards,

*Charlie*